Where do I shop for camera gear??

 
I get a lot of questions about where I buy my "cheap" camera accessories from. I recently posted on Facebook but I will go into a little more detail on here for my loyal readers (if any...lol)

Ok so most of the time I use LinkDelight.com out of Hong Kong. They have quite a variety of interesting aftermarket stuff on there. And often times interesting little bits that you may have never seen before.
The main attraction being the price! In a lot of cases you get what you pay for of course but then there are things like the 5 in 1 80cm reflector which sells for like $9! The same thing here at one of the major camera stores would set you back at least 10X that price.

So in the shot above you can see my latest order that just came in. I'm still waiting on a couple of carbon fiber tripods and some other bits and pieces also.

The latest package brought me the Canon 70-200 f4 and 24-105 f4 lens coffee Thermos's or mugs. These work great and only cost about $10~$15 or so. I've collected the whole set now for Canon and Nikon. What a geek! haha.
Under the mugs is a 850nm IR filter I ordered for a friend. Looks totally opaque to the naked eye. Should be interesting to try some inferred photography with it ($20). Then theres an LCD timer remote cable for time lapse photography and all sorts of stuff. Just like Canon's expensive one but again $30. Next is probably my favorite little toy from the bunch. Its an old school split screen focusing screen like in the old manual cameras, but this ones for my Canon 5D mkII. I just put it in and it works like a charm. I always missed having this kind of focusing screen and now its possible again for about $20.

And lastly just to use as maybe stocking suffers for any Canon geeks this Christmas I got a few Canon 7D notepads. They are only like 3 or 4 bucks each and look pretty cool and original.

On the downside Linkdelight does take generally 2 to 3 weeks to deliver the goods and some of the things like the really cheap ball heads can be pretty much useless as they just don't work well enough or don't have the strength to hold up much.

One last item I highly recommend from them are the radio triggers for getting your "Strobist" on and firing those speedlites wirelessly to a range of about 30m. They are way cheaper than Pocket Wizards and I have had very little problems with them so far. So there you go, that's where I do most of my online shopping. But do be warned! It can be addictive! So if you visit you may find that shopping cart filling up pretty damn quickly! If you have any more questions feel free to ask in the comments below or shoot me a mail.

Comments

Popular Posts