Canon 80-200mm f2.8L test shots

Thought I would do a couple of test shots with the most recent Canon 80-200mm f2.8L Magic Drainpipe I have for sale. Unfortunatly when I bought this lens it did come with some small imperfections on a few of the inner elements. I think it is some kind of fungas or mold perhaps. But it resembles a tiny spiders cobweb for lack of a better description.

Here is a macro close up shot of one of the problem areas. Click on the image to view larger.



Luckily this does not effect the quality. Here are a few test shots and 100% crops.
Click on the images to view larger.
 Shot at 200mm @f2.8
 100% crop

 Stopped down to f16 @ 200mm
 100% crop

Here are a couple of examples of the front and rear elements in nice scratch free condition. 



The lens is currently for sale on Ebay. Follow this link if you would like to bid on it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Pete
Can this "infect" the camera and / or other lensen used on the camera?
Sincerly
Claus Moeller, Denmark
Hi! No I don't think so Claus. Only if the lens or camer has been left in very humid conditions like it is here in Okinawa in summer. But always best to keep your gear in a dry box where humidity can be controlled.
Robert Kawasaki said…
Very tempting. The wife would not agree at a big purchase since I just got me a MacBookPro.

arrgghh...

Popular Posts