My smashed and broken Nikon gear

One of the Nikon D3's showing some slight signs of wear. Still works ok though!

Well I guess Nikon is just not made to take the kind of punishment I put them through everyday. I recently had one of my Nikon D3 LCD screens die on me all of a sudden after a fairly exposed session shooting in the rain. After having it back from Nikon pro services it died again mid wedding. Then today while shooting in the rain with a couple at Cape Zanpa my  17-35mm f2.8 totally locked up and would not focus or stop down the aperture blades. The focus and zoom rings also got super jammed and would not rotate.

Funny that I shot with Canon for 10 years or so and never had this happen. Although Canon also had its fair share of problems, I've never had this much stuff break from one brand before. To be fair though I probably shoot a lot more then your average wedding photographer.

Comments

Gav said…
I see a trend in the events leading to the failures.

Camera + rain + excessive use = failure....

I hear nikons can take cold weather better than most of the canon's.

Popular Posts