Back from Australia, and The Epic Storm Cloud

You can click the image to see it bigger. To see it in all it's 10,000+ pixel epicness click here
(Warning: This image is BIG so don't bother if your internet is slow)



So its been about 13 years since I'd visited my home country of Australia and I finally went back there this month to shoot a wedding for my darling cousin Georgina as she was marrying the man of her dreams Nick. But more on that and photos to come shortly.

I wanted to share something pretty special that I was lucky enough to see on my last day visiting Australia from my Mums house in Redcliffe, Queensland. Unusual clouds have always fascinated me and whenever I see a cool looking sky I have to grab my camera and capture it. I've been wanting to see something like this for as long as I can remember but have never had the good fortune even after living in Redcliffe throughout my childhood.

As the massive super cell storm made its way closer to Redcliffe my Dad and I were just watching it from the window but as it came closer and continued to take this crazy shape I ran to grab my 5DmkIII and 17-40mm lens and raced across the road to the beach to snap off a few shots. Lightning was starting to crack all around so I didn't want to stick around too long. I managed to keep myself steady enough to fire off all 10 shots that made up this panorama of the storm cloud.

Once I got back to my imac here in Okinawa I stitched it all together in Photoshop and put the finishing touches on it in Lightroom.

Into The Storm

Another on of the storm cloud with a couple of guys taking off into the storm on their jetski. Why, I have no idea. Maybe they wanted to get a photo from under it. In that case I salute you!

More photos from the Australia trip to come and samples from Georgina & Nicks wedding. 
My next overseas trip will be to Carmel, California in June for a wedding shoot. 




Comments

Popular Posts