Diving and Snorkeling Okinawa Video

Okinawa is home to some of the most beautiful oceans and beaches in the world. But if you only see them from above the sea level your missing out on some of the best parts.

I just got my Padi scuba divers licence last year then soon after my Padi advanced dive licence all done through my good friend and great instructor +Keith Smith here on Okinawa.

I had a bunch of random underwater video footage that I had shot last year on various dive and snorkeling adventures so I thought I would throw them together into a little video. My video skills are still pretty low but Im practicing using Final Cut Pro X.

Anyway here is the video.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U9g2XKxBD0

The locations shot in the video were Sunabe sea wall, Cape Maeda, Kadena north steps, Toguchi beach, Zamami island, Tokashiki island and Iriomote island.

All shot with the Canon 5DmkII in an Ikelite dive housing with 8 inch dome port housing the Canon 8-15mm f4L lens.

In an upcoming blog post I'll be reviewing my various underwater housings right from my early Dicapac through to my latest Outex water housings.


James getting friendly with a cute puffer

+Shawn Miller with his awesome Ikelite underwater housing rig


+David Orr exploring at Maeda

Looking up through a thick cloud of sardines at Cape Maeda

A Clown fish protecting his home and babies at kadena north

+Keith Smith swims up towards the sun beams

A cute Butterfly fish on Iriomote island. 

An interesting coral valley at Kadena

A huge bait ball at Maeda

Our good friend Megumi feeding the fish at Maeda

Out front of the camp ground on Zamami in the Keramas

One of my fav turtle shots from Zamami

+Haruna Leong swims along side a beautiful big turtle in the Keramas

Theres always time for a selfie 8)

This year I will be doing a lot more diving with Marine House Seasir a big diving company here on Okinawa. To start things off I'll be going on my first whale watching boat trip later this month out near the Kerama islands hoping to catch a shot of a whale breaching. 

Stay tuned and subscribe to my blog to keep with up my regular updates!






























Comments

Popular Posts