Back in Okinawa!

One of my photos I made back up in Fukushima on a cold winter night. 

Just returned to sunny and warm Okinawa after a couple of trips off the island. Last month I did my first overseas wedding of the year in Taipei, Taiwan which was a fantastic experience.  It was a traditional Taiwanese wedding which means no chapel or paster or anything like that but lots of strange and interesting rituals which was a lot of fun to capture.
Big thanks to Freya Liao of Butterfly Story for assisting and translating for me while I was there!

I will be posting some photos from this wedding hopefully in an upcoming blog post.

Also just spent 10 days back up in my other home town of Fukushima, Japan where I lived for about 10 years. Its been about 3 years since I had been back up to Fukushima and of course a lot has gone on up there in that time.

One of my oldest friends journalist David Stuart ran a Q & A about my return to Fukushima and the devastation I saw that is still there long after the earth quakes and tsunami. Please follow the link to check out the story and some sample photos I did there. I'll be posting more photos in a following blog post.

Comments

Popular Posts