Exploring Sunny Okinawa

Making the most of my free time at the moment before the wedding season here in Okinawa kicks into gear again. Yesterday I grabbed my gear and headed up the coast line to just look around and shoot random things for the afternoon. Here's a little of what I found.



Fone Farm
Wandering along the vast farms and fields nearby my place here in Yomitan I came across this old mobile phone sticking out of the mud. Weird!

I pulled up the car further north along the coast to catch this rather minimalistic scene. 

This part of Route 58 always provides a stunning view of the beautiful Okinawan waters. This was a quick handheld pano made up of about 8 photos. I really should have used a tripod as my horizon ended up a bit wonky. 

Insane Terrain 
Theres lots of this kind of crazy sharp rock in Okinawa and its very unforgiving to walk across, especially when your carrying a few thousand dollars worth of camera gear as well. Where I am standing for this shot was right next to the cliffs and about 100m of this rock back to the main path. 

Some nice golden afternoon light striking on the rocks. 


Giving it the long exposure treatment. About 2 minutes with the 9 stop ND filter + PL filter

From the same place but looking to the west. Black and White conversion made with Nik Silver Efex Pro 2. 


Lazy afternoon soft light


Speeding up the shutter just slightly to show a little more detail. 

So many beautiful rocky shores to photograph around here!


One last long exposure to finish the day off with as twilight.

All images were shot with the Canon 1DmkIV and 17-40mm f4L. 
Filters used were the LCW 9 stop ND filter and Kenko Pro PL filter. 

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments

Popular Posts