My 40D has returned!

Got my Canon 40D back today from getting repaired. Took about 3 weeks but at least I still had my Canon 5D and 30D for back up. They ended up putting in a new shutter unit, mirror assembily, and release conector. Didnt even know anything was wrong with that. All together it ended up costing me 42,000yen but at least its working again (for the time being). 

Now Im bidding on my long time dream camera from ebay auctions. The Canon 1D Mark III!
I was thinking to go with the 5D MK II but I think I really need to have a full pro body that can keep up with the amount of punishment I give it every day. People ask my why I dont go for the 1DS Mark III. Well for many reasons. Mostly because I love to shoot sports also so I love the idea of having 10 frams per second to get those hard to capture moments. Secondly I dont need 21 mega pixels. I often make huge prints for customers and for decoration at work with 10mp or less and thats not even shooting in RAW or Large mode. Just regular Medium jpg setting which is what we use for most of the regular wedding shoots apart from studio or outdoor stuff. 
Oh and lastly because of the price. The 1DS is something like $8000US where as the 1D is about half that. Anyway so now I just have to try and get in the last bid without going too high. I'll report back about it when I get one. Hopfully not too long away. 

Comments

Popular Posts