Tokyo Photo Imaging Expo 2009

Tokyo Photo Imaging Expo 2009

Attended my first photo expo in Tokyo last week.  Apart from the fun of seeing all the crazy new stuff on display it was good to have a little mini holiday away from Fukushima for a change. P.I.E as its known was held at the Tokyo Big Site in Odaiba not too far from Disney Land. The place is just massive and quickly got lost amongst huge lenses, many many photographers and lots of cute promotion girls. 

One of the major stand outs for me at the show was Sigma's worlds fastest super tele zoom. The 200-500mm f2.8. 

Just have a look at this monster!
The Sigma 200-500mm f2.8 MONSTER!


Minox where there with their crazy cool miniature digital cams. Almost perfect mini copies of famous cameras that can actually shoot.
<span class=
Minox mini Rolleiflex- The LCD screen is viewed from looking down into the top just like the original camera. Before you can shoot the next frame you need to turn the little crank around just like the film advance lever. How cool is that!


Canon had lots of sweet big white L lenses for me to play with and drool over. 
Me playing with a dream lens

And of course no show in Japan would be complete without promotion girls! 


Tokyo P.I.E girls

Tokyo P.I.E girls

For more shots from Tokyo P.I.E 09 please have a gander at my Smugmug gallery here. 



Comments

Popular Posts