From Freezing to Sweating


Hey Everyone. Back online at last since the big move down from Fukushima to Okinawa. We got a nice place east of Naha city over right near a beautiful beach.
When I get time I will write in more detail but basically I've been freelancing for the past month and already shot 16 weddings in that time! So I have a ton of editing to catch up on in a hurry.

So having fun in Okinawa. Its plenty different to the main land. Although it is a lovely place it takes forever to get anything done around here. For example my internet just got hooked up yesterday after about a month of waiting. It is a nice and quick fiber optic 100mbit connection though so cant complain too much.
Also just my new home theater speakers in today again after over a month of waiting.
I will post some pix of the new home theater room in the next few days.

I have also been doing my motor bike licence (400cc class) and have just bought a new Suzuki Skywave 250cc. I'll be picking it up on Monday (if I pass my test that is)

I got an offer from Watabe weddings to shoot for them as a full time photographer and although I planned to just do freelance shooting here they offered me a nice bit of cash every month plus a few other benefits. One thing is though they give all their photographers Nikon cameras and lenses to use and don't want me using my own Canon gear. So this means I'm going to have to learn how to use a camera all over again as I've never shot with a Nikon before. This also means I won't get much time to play with my cameras so I've decided to sell my Canon 1D Mark III next month and just keep my 5D Mark II for playing with when I get time.

Anyway Im sweating my ass off just typing this so Im going to have a cold beer and enjoy a movie in the new home theater. Laters!

Comments

Popular Posts