Hand holding slow shutters

Washed up by Shenanigans in Japan
Washed up, a photo by Shenanigans in Japan on Flickr.
Why is it I never have my tripod with me when I need it??
Shot an American and Taiwanese couples wedding today at the Coral Vita chapel at Manza's ANA intercontinental resort.

After I was done shooting that I had the perfect chance to shoot my fav kind of photography for my hobby which is seascapes with slow shutters. I was lucky to have a nice sunset and also found this barnacle riddled bottle washed up on the shore so decided to try some hand held slow shutter shots of around 10th/second ~25th/second as I didn't bring my tripod with me. It was very hit and miss but I did manage to get quite a few keepers out of the 250 or so I shot in about 10 minutes on the beach.

The trick to shooting slow shutters hand held is to brace yourself as much as you can to stabilize the camera. Here I was down in the wet sand on me knees and elbows getting wet. I was also shooting in continual burst mode to increase my chanced of a steady shot.

Slow

Another one from a bit further along the beach. Ended up getting my shoes totally soaked from this but it was still fun.

I finished the shots with editing in Lightroom 3 and Nik's color efex pro.

Comments

Popular Posts