First metal print ordered with Image wizards

Hey everyone! Its that time of the year again. The busy wedding season has been keeping me from being very social online. With 20+ weddings just this month plus all the editing that goes along with that, there is not a lot of time left for keeping up appearances on the blog, FB, Flickr etc..

After hearing a lot of commotion about metal printing from various photography podcasts I finally gave in and decided I needed to have one done for myself.
I went with a 22 x 36 inch Ultra gloss metal print from Imagewizards.net after hearing good things about them.
I first got them to send me out a few samples of the various type of metal prints and finishes they have on offer and must say they do look quite stunning!

When viewed in the right light they take on an almost 3D like effect that has not been seen before on any kind of paper or canvas print. Colours are very saturated and contrasty. The prints can even be displayed outdoors and protected with regular car wax.

The 36 inch print with a float mount cost me about $160 US which was to be expected but I was a bit shocked when I was quoted over $300 to have the print sent here to Okinawa, Japan from the US, almost double the cost of the print and that's was with the cheapest shipping method! Luckily good mate and fellow photographer here Robert Mellon let me use his military APO address so I could have the print shipped to him which acts the same as  US postal address cutting down shipping costs dramatically.

Once the print arrives I'll be sure to take a photo of it hanging on the wall.

Here's the image I'm having printed on metal

Stuck in Time by Pete Leong (Petesphotography)) on 500px.com
Stuck in Time by Pete Leong

I decided on this one as I think the pallet of colours in this image should really be complemented on metal ultra gloss and also as I just dig this image and want to have it big on my wall.
This will be the 2nd in the start of my large print collection.

Comments

Popular Posts