Okinawa surf shooting camera set up | Last shoot of 2013




Got out with my good friend and great photographer +Shawn Miller for one last shoot for 2013. We headed down to the popular surfing spot of Sunabe Seawall to see if we could catch some action. Shawn recently bought a Canon 70D after using only Nikon for several years. In the video I show my basic set up for shooting surfing. Sometimes I'll also use the 2x teleconverter if I need to get in even further. Basically I shot this just as a test to see how the new Gopro 3+ black edition performs as I bought one for Haruna for Christmas.

Below is a 12mp photo taken with the Gopro 3+. I was pleasantly surprised to see the dynamic range from the Gopro is actually quite impressive as well as over all image quality.

Super Selfie!
Shot using the 3+ Black Editions new super wide feature. 

Unfortunately the surf ended up being much better on the other side of the island this day so no great shots but we had fun anyway as always. 

Looking forward to making more blog and You tube videos in 2014 and want to thank everyone for all the support in 2013! Also a big shout out and thanks to the great folks at Expo Imaging, Spider Holster and Outex water housings. 

Happy New Year!!


Comments

Popular Posts